College is important for several reasons, including long-term financial gain, career satisfaction, and job stability. However, college isn’t getting any cheaper, parents and kids aren’t getting any more prepared with college savings ahead of time.
The good news is that there are still ways to pursue college even not so financially stable. Read on to see what funding opportunities this country has to offer.
1. CHED Scholarship
CHED Scholarship Program (CSPs) is previously referred to as Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs). The applications are open to high school graduates, candidates for graduation, college unit earners, passers of Alternative Learning System (ALS), and Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) passers.
CHED Scholarship program aims to provide assistance to deserving and financially-incapable students preferably the Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, solo parents and/or their dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994 and Indigenous People under RA 8371 in finishing their tertiary studies.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for CHED Scholarship Program (CSP) for incoming freshmen or graduating high school students (Academic Year 2020-2021).
Qualifications for CHED Scholarship :
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passers of ALS/PEPT;
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Php 300,000.00;
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program;
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program
Process of Application: Online application thru CHED Scholarship Online Application
2. DOST Scholarship
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) calls on the youth to join the science community by pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
This, as DOST’s Science Education Institute (SEI), announces the availability of scholarship slots for the 2021 DOST-SEI S&T Undergraduate Scholarships for incoming Grade 12 students in AY 2020-2021 who intend to pursue STEM courses when they enroll in college next year. The scholarship program aims to push for knowledge-driven development through S&T human resource advancement.
Qualifications for DOST Scholarship :
- Natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- Member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
Process of Application: Online application thru DOST Scholarship Online Application
3. Megaworld Scholarship
Megaworld Foundation envisions to be a leading foundation that promotes corporate social responsibility through education, social development programs, and cultural preservation with the aim to create a positive impact on its stakeholders and society. Megaworld Foundation offers a scholarship that include full tuition fees, allowance per academic year, and career opportunities at Megaworld Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Requirement for applicants who are incoming freshmen:
- Final grade report in fourth-year high school with an average of at least 85% or its equivalent, and with at least 80% grade in all subjects (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
- A certificate of upper 10% class ranking of graduating batch (original copy)
- A passing result of the university entrance exam, letter of admission, or certificate of enrollment (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
Process of Application: Online application thru Megaworld Scholarship Online Application
4. FEU Scholarship
FEU Institute of Technology, with the support of our academic partners, provides financial assistance by offering various scholarship programs to deserving and qualified students who have the desire to continue their education in the undergraduate level.
Below is a list of our requirements for the different kinds of scholarship:
President’s Scholarship Requirements
- High school graduate with honors.
- High School Report Card (Form 138).
- Academic Excellence Award Certificate from HS Principal/Registrar indicating the student’s rank among graduating batch.
Entrance Merit Scholarship Requirements
- A 90-94% or 95-99% result in the College Admission Test.
- High School Report Card (Form 138) with a GWA of at least 85%.
FEU Tech/SM Foundation Scholarship Requirements
- A weighted average of at least 85% during 4th year high school.
- 80% grade in Math and Science.
- Graduates of public schools in Manila, Cavite, Cebu, and Iloilo.
- Parents’ combined annual income must not exceed P100,000.00.
FEU Tech/Megaworld Scholarship Requirements
- Fourth year high school report card with a final average of at least 85% or its equivalent with no failing grade in any subject
- No grade below 80% in any subject.
- Certification that student belongs to upper 10% of graduating batch.
- Parents’ combined annual income must not exceed P300,000.00.
Elite Academic Scholarship Requirements
- Graduate of any science senior high schools.
- Passed the FEU Tech Entrance Examination
- Must maintain a CGPA of 2.5 or higher (for Freshmen SN 2016 and above)
Financial Assistance Scholarship Requirements
- High school graduate of any school from the National Capital Region.
- Parents must have combined annual income of not more than Php150,000.00.
- Average high school grade of at least 88% or above in Math, Science, and English plus GWA of 88% or higher.
- Grades in all other subjects taken during 4th year high school must at least be 80% or above.
Process of Application: Online application thru FEU Scholarship Online Application